This annual multiple year award will be given to a doctoral student who is an alumnus/a of UCI who exemplifies the innovation and leadership qualities of UC Irvine’s founding couple, Dan and Jean Aldrich.
Total award for 2017-18 academic year is $3,000. A minimum annual award of $2,000 for future academic years. Award will be issued annually to one student for their duration of their Ph.D. pursuit as long as they remain in good UCI academic standing.
Application ProcessThis fellowship is for incoming and current Ph.D. doctoral students who are UCI alumni only. Admitted students who are UCI alumni will be invited to apply for the Dan and Jean Aldrich Fellowship. The invitation will be sent to students electronically.
An experienced alumni volunteer panel established by the UCI Alumni Association will review applications. Finalists will be identified and may be asked to participate in a scheduled on-campus interview with representatives from the review panel.
- Doctoral candidate who is a UCI alumnus/a
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Must be in good academic standing with UCI
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities
This is a one-time award. Students graduating prior to June 2018 need not apply.
Please follow directions carefully and complete the application accurately in its entirety. Include required attachments. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Remember:
- All application documents must be submitted on standard 8.5” x 11” paper.
- Do not staple.
- Do not print double sided.
- New UCI doctoral students: A final transcript from your previous university is required
- Continuing UCI doctoral students: A current UCI transcript through Summer 2017 is required
- An unofficial transcript including the applicant name in print is acceptable.
- We cannot obtain transcripts from the Admissions Office.
- Only completed applications with all required documents will be accepted.
- You may not amend or update submitted applications.
- No exceptions made for application materials submitted after the deadline.
- See application for all additional instructions and specific requirements
Dan and Jean Aldrich Fellowship application [Download]
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:00 PM PST
The current pool of scholarship recipients will be notified in November.
Alumni serve on the UCI Alumni Association’s scholarship selection committee, review applications and essays, and convene to determine final candidates and notify recipients.
Annual renewal is dependent upon review of academic performance.