Chancellor's Award of Distinction
The Chancellor’s Award of Distinction recognizes an exceptional group of graduating students who exhibit a commitment to cutting-edge research, leadership, or service to UCI. The award recognizes UCI’s most outstanding undergraduates.
The application period is closed. Click here for the full list of 2019 Chancellor's Award of Distinction recipients.
Recipients will be honored with:
- A celebratory dinner hosted by Chancellor Gillman at the Tierney University House
- An award certificate signed by the Chancellor.
- A blue and gold cord to be worn at Commencement.
- Name to be listed in the commemorative Commencement program.
Graduating seniors with a GPA of 3.500 or higher and an outstanding record of involvement in, and contribution to, the UCI campus community are eligible for the Chancellor’s Award of Distinction. Awardees must have shown exemplary character while devoting their time and talents to benefit the UCI campus community through research, leadership or service.
The Chancellor’s Award of Distinction selection process is coordinated by the UC Irvine Alumni Association. UCIAA assembles a cadre of alumni to read the submitted application materials and evaluate them according to the established criteria. The selection committee identifies the top extraordinary students from each school to be honored.
Qualified applicants with a 3.500 GPA or higher are required to submit:
- A completed application form
- A UCI Official or Unofficial Transcript from the Registrar's Office
- A Letter of Recommendation from a UCI faculty or staff member
- A Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A Personal Essay detailing their qualifications for the honor