Student Alumni Engagement Sponsorship
The Student Alumni Engagement Sponsorship (SAES) provides funding to registered campus organizations (RCO’s) that seek to promote the Student Alumni Association’s values through campus events or programs. RCO’s seeking to host events or programs that promote alumni engagement by creating opportunities to build connections between alumni and students are eligible to apply.
Step 1: Submit a Program Application
- To apply for funding, submit a completed program application by email to email@example.com.
- Program applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday of Week 2 each academic quarter. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- The maximum award amount for any program is $500.
- Programs must promote alumni engagement by connecting UCI students and alumni.
- At least 50% of program participants or audience must be comprised of current UCI students and UCI alumni.
- All programs must have a system to track participation and collect necessary contact information of participants for reporting purposes.
- Program applications can only submitted by registered campus organizations.
- Program applications can only be submitted for a planned program (at least one month in advance). Funding will not be allocated for a program that has already taken place.
- Program applications must be submitted before application deadline (11:59 p.m. on Friday of Week 2) to be eligible. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Programs must have received all necessary written approval by appropriate campus officials prior to consideration.
Step 2: Await status of program selection
- The application review period and program selection will occur during Week 3 of each quarter.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of:
- Alumni Association staff member
- SAA President
- SAA Executive Vice President
- SAA member representative
- SAA alumnus
- Programs must demonstrate an alumni engagement component. It will also be reviewed based on its alignment with the Student Alumni Association’s mission and values, marketing and outreach strategies, and community impact.
- The selection committee will select and award one project per academic quarter.
- If your project is selected, a Student Alumni Association representative will notify you via email with total award amount and official contract. A signed contract must be submitted within 3 business days of notification date.
Step 3: Access your funds
Once the contract is final, you will be granted access to your allocated funding. To access your funds, a check request form must be submitted to ASUCI for reimbursement. All check requests must follow SAES and University policies and requirements. If your check request form fails to meet the policies and requirements, the request will be declined until properly adjusted. Detailed check request information and procedures will be provided to awarded organizations. For any questions regarding accessing your funds, please contact Khaika Soyoltulga (ASUCI) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Funding will not be deposited into your organization’s club account.
Step 4: Submit Post Evaluation Form and Participant List
Once your program has passed, you are required to submit a post evaluation form and participant list within 2 weeks of the program date. The documents can be submitted via email to email@example.com or delivered to the Newkirk Alumni Center (ATTN: April Hul, Programs Coordinator). Failure to submit the documents may jeopardize your organization’s ability to secure future funding.