(Open to incoming freshmen and transfer students.)
This invitation-only award identifies incoming students to UC Irvine who demonstrate academic excellence, community service and leadership potential.
Endowed Award: Up to $10,000 for freshmen, paid over a maximum of four academic years.
Endowed Award: Up to $5,000 for transfers, paid over a maximum of two academic years.
Book Scholarship: Ranging from $500-$1,000 for freshmen and transfers, paid once over the current year.
These scholarships are by invitation only. Admitted students who have submitted a Statement of Intent to Register and meet the criteria for qualifications will be invited to apply for the Alumni Scholarship. The invitation will be sent to students electronically.
Requires a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.65 and a minimum SAT I combined score of 1300 on the 1600 scale, or minimum ACT score of 30.
Requires a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.65 and the equivalent of 90 transferable quarter units.
In addition to the UCIAA Endowed Scholarship, applicants will also be considered for book scholarships) ranging between $500 and $1,000 supported by the following UCIAA organizations:
- Black Alumni Chapter – supporting students demonstrating a commitment to the African-American community through involvement on campus. Community involvement is defined as having 18 or more hours per year of work with, membership in, or holding a leadership position in African-American organizations.
- Korean American Alumni Chapter – supporting students who demonstrate a consistent commitment to the Korean American community through volunteer work on and/or off campus. Students may also demonstrate his/her commitment through non-volunteer work if it is significant and contributed to the betterment of the Korean American community as a whole.
- Latino Alumni Chapter – supporting students demonstrating a consistent commitment to the benefit and advancement of the Latino community on and/or off campus. Students must demonstrate a proactive voice for the Latino community.
- Orange County Alumni Chapter – supporting students who live, work or have graduated from an Orange County high school or college.
- Urban Planning Alumni Chapter - supporting students registering or intending to register for coursework in the School of Social Ecology, including Urban Studies coursework, in their first quarter of UCI.
- Young Alumni Council – supporting students demonstrating outstanding community leadership qualities.
If you are interested in being considered for these additional opportunities, please be sure to include any relevant programs or activities in the "Extracurricular Activities" section of the application and provide a response to the short answer prompts within the application.
Please follow directions carefully and complete the application accurately in its entirety. Include required attachments. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Remember:
- All application documents must be submitted on standard 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Do not staple.
- Do not print double-sided.
- A final transcript is required.
- An unofficial transcript including the applicant name in print is acceptable.
- We cannot obtain transcripts from the admissions office.
- Only completed applications with all required documents will be accepted.
- You may not amend or update submitted applications.
- No exceptions made for application materials submitted after the deadline.
- We will not confirm receipt of application materials.
- No phone calls please.
- See application for all additional instructions and specific requirements.
Download ApplicationFreshman scholarship application click here >
Transfer scholarship application click here >
Complete applications must be received by Friday, July 31, 2020 at 4 p.m. PDT. No exceptions.
The current pool of scholarship recipients will be notified in late September or early October 2020.
Alumni serve on the UCI Alumni Association’s scholarship selection committee, review applications and essays, convene to determine final candidates and notify recipients.
Annual renewal is dependant upon review of academic performance.
Applicants need not be affiliated with any UC Irvine alumnus to apply.